Monday, December 28, 2015

Review: Of Mice and Men

Of Mice and Men Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Being disabled myself, I was touched by this book. I know Lennie died, but it was inevitable... And he died happily. That, I think, is amazing. Not that I don't feel bad for him; I do. But Steinbeck wanted to be realistic. And, even though the way the disabled were treated back then was terrible, it WAS real, and still is, to an extent. It's gotten better, but there's still a long way to go. Rest in peace, Lennie Small. You are proof that the disabled are still misunderstood, and you made your mark. And, yeah, we're still misunderstood, but the world's got a lot to deal with. Someday, people will get it, and "Of Mice and Men" shows that we need to treat the disabled better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment