Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Review: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I went into this knowing. Knowing and accepting that I am an introvert. While my mother enjoys going out and engaging in social situations, I count down until it's time to go home. Not that I don't enjoy it myself, but I also enjoy it eventually ending. I like to cuddle with my beau and watch movies. I despise small talk. Writing is my outlet for my voice. In a large group, I rarely speak. It's me. It's who I am.
This book endows people with the knowledge that introverts are not freaks or weirdos, which is something that I feel all people should be aware of and accept. Society follows the Extrovert Ideal, as this book carefully explains, but teaches introverts to cope and thrive in this world and accept who we are. The author did a wonderful job weaving the facts and statistics together with true experiences of introverts. This book is a balanced, well-researched, and engaging study on introversion and how to thrive in a society following the Extrovert Ideal.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment