Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: Rules for a Knight

Rules for a Knight Rules for a Knight by Ethan Hawke
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, I honestly do not know what to say... and unfortunately in this case, that's not a good thing. I liked it, it was touching, but it didn't blow me away like I expected it to. I wanted to learn something I hadn't known before, and while there are important lessons in here, they are rather simplistic for my taste. This is the kind of novel that should be read to children who are still learning the basic principles of being kind and happy and understanding the purpose of pain. That's really what it's best for in my eyes.
I write this with regard to the fact that I've been reading Richard Bach. I think reading Bach has caused my expectations to rise a bit. I still think this book will be a great story for children, but as for me, as someone who reads important spiritual and philosophical works, it didn't amount to my expectations.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment