Saturday, May 14, 2016

Review: Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith

Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Why did I buy this? Seriously, why?

So I was watching a documentary about the FLDS church and its so-called "prophet" Warren Jeffs. But I wanted to know more about him and what his problem is, why he is the way he is. And the unfortunate thing is, the book had me until it started talking about Joseph and where the FLDS supposedly came from. The only thing I really learned was the angle with Elizabeth Smart, and that at least was interesting, albeit terrible. 
The rest was all drivel about the Mormon faith and the abuse the FLDS authorities allow. Nothing I didn't know before.


On the bright side, this sick "prophet" is right where he belongs. I hope he never gets out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment