Saturday, December 3, 2016

A Different Kind of Review

This blog is called "The Writer's Library" for a reason. I write about books I love and post my own writing. But today I'd like to stray a little bit from the norm.
In my review for Titanic by Filson Young, I posted a painting from my favorite artist's soundtrack titled RMS Titanic as part of a film scores project he's been doing over the past year. On December 1, 2016, the brilliant artist behind the film scores project wrapped it up with a score about Shackleton's exploration of the Antarctic.

Need it be said that I am incredibly sad to see this project wrap up? It has inspired me more than his other project, Owl City, ever could. I still love Owl City, but there's just something so magical about exploring the darkness of the past and the hope for the future. From the survivalist stories of the sinking ships Titanic and Endurance, to the hope unmasked at the end of the Civil War in Corduroy Road and the sheer wonder of Project Excelsior, this project has inspired me as a writer and young college student to always look at life through the eyes of a child, unbiased, innocently, and wondrously. 
Because life is hard. But it is never so hard that it's worth giving up. As I listen to these scores and find myself imagining what I can, I find that it's just another book I've closed. And definitely given five stars to!
So I write this as my review of the project known as "Adam Young Scores" and I proudly give it five stars for making 2016 a year of wonder, hope, joy, and tragedy. This man has brought out my once-lost sense of childlike wonder. And I am forever grateful to him for that. Thank you, Adam Young, for taking me on this incredible spiritual journey. I hope to see you write another score again soon.....  

And if you'd like to experience the beauty of these scores yourself, please support this artist by going to www.ayoungscores.com and taking a listen. Chances are, it will take you back to that state of childlike wonder and curiosity, just as it did me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment