Friday, April 7, 2017

Waiting

Waiting hurts. Waiting is hard. I know this because my patience has really been tested for the past four months and there's still two and a half more to go before I can finally say that I have what I want.
Okay, I know I'm being cryptic. I'll explain.
So as you may be aware, Gravity Falls is one of my favorite shows and I read the real-life version of the show's Journal 3 back in, I think, November. There was one major thing this journal was missing that the journal on the show had, and it's the one thing I want to see so badly: invisible ink. I preordered the special edition (which has the invisible ink, a monocle, and a leather cover) back in December and I'm 99.9% sure I'm guaranteed a copy. They sold out in late October, early November, so they expanded the number of books just as I placed an order through Barnes and Noble. I heard Amazon oversold the books, so I'm really relieved I didn't order from them. But now the creator of the show is releasing photos and videos of some of the pages of the journal and it looks awesome. I don't think I've ever been this antsy waiting for something. Then again, I haven't really ever had to preorder a book, so this type of waiting is new to me....
I know: I'm a totally spoiled book geek. But I just can't help it. It cost me $150 and I'm pretty sure I need to go out and buy my own black light for it before it gets here, adding to the price, yet I seriously doubt I'm going to regret spending all this money on something that may seem so trivial. It's still a book, so I really don't mind the price. I just mind the wait.
The series 4 premiere of Sherlock in January kept me distracted from this for a while, but now that the release date is as close as it is and series 4 of Sherlock is over, I have nothing to keep me busy until it comes! That's what's really frustrating me.
I've heard it said that patience is a virtue. And I'm pretty lucky that I even got an order in for one shortly after the number of books was increased. That's why I'm fairly certain I'll get one at all. 



Found this on Tumblr and promptly died laughing. 
Just two and a half more months.... please don't make it feel like too much longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment