Review: Moriarty

Moriarty Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Internal screaming
No, wait. Give me a moment. I'm not done yet. Screams more.
What the heck did I just read?
I'm afraid this review won't do the book justice.
This story is like a rollercoaster with twenty loops. I felt sick on it.... and I loved every minute of it, just as I did The House of Silk.
We are introduced to Frederick Chase, an American from Pinkerton's detective agency transferred to England from America to investigate the body of James Moriarty just days after his final confrontation with Holmes. Holmes is hinted to have disappeared and as a result is only mentioned in passing in this story.
That doesn't make this story any less interesting.
Chase investigates Moriarty's body along with Athelney Jones, one of Scotland Yard's top detectives.
They find out about Moriarty's connection to another criminal, Devereux, who takes on the role of the professor as head of the criminal network. The story unfolds beautifully as they chase down Devereux and his thugs as Devereaux's true intentions become clear...
A dark, twisted tale that I'd recommend to anyone who read The House of Silk.



View all my reviews

Comments