Review: I Will Find the Answer

I Will Find the Answer I Will Find the Answer by Kate Workman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It feels weird not putting this book under Project: Sherlock. This may take some getting used to.
So, to start off, I have to be honest. It's not as good as Populaire was, and I honestly didn't expect it to be. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy it, however. No, not at all. I just couldn't connect to the message the way I could the previous novel. It is a very important message and I feel that it was presented in the best way it could be, but I couldn't jump up and scream "YES!!!" the way I did with the previous work.
The voices need work still. Even in this novel, coming from Erik's, Watson's, and Holmes' perspectives, the sometimes switching of the voices without warning took a little adjusting to. At least it didn't feel jarring, though, so I'll give it that.
Despite this, I still feel that this was a fantastically gripping story. You know, the kind that you stay up until two in the morning to finish. I really enjoyed seeing Erik again, and this time seeing him as just Erik and not the Phantom. I love how he showed the somewhat volatile but lovable man beneath the mask, something we only got hints of before. I absolutely adored how he never left Holmes' side as the detective battled the evil within himself. I wish I could say the same for Watson, but I don't believe it would have fitted his character.
And it's got me wanting to reach for the next one (which, to my knowledge, isn't out yet), to find out what happens to Holmes as he recovers and what will happen with Moriarty, as we got hints of something coming with him.
I can't wait to read Workman's next one!


View all my reviews

Comments